Thanksgiving — New Years
10 International Holiday Destinations here in Rutherfordton ~ Travel with Us!
GRAB A PASSPORT
Available from downtown merchants
EAT & STAMP YOUR PASSPORT
Spend at least $10
Check in at Town Hall in person or by mail
A CAROLINA CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION
December 7th • 11 AM - 8 PM
The holidays are special in any hometown, but we happen to think that our Christmastime holds just a little something more. The downtown decorations painted on the windows and the lights shining from the rooftops enhance our community's charm, and with the variety of fabulous shopping and delightful restaurants, it's no wonder so many people come back to Rutherfordton to celebrate the season year after year. Explore the many ways to mint your own Holiday experience and start a new tradition with us this year!
VISIT WITH SANTA 11am - 2:15pm
Santa Claus comes to KidSenses Children's Interactive Museum! Meet Jolly Old
St. Nick himself, share your your most treasured wishes, and take home the
* FREE visit with Santa including holiday snacks and hot chocolate.
* Keepsake photos with Santa $3/ea. Includes Framed print & Digital copy.
* Enter KidSenses from Taylor Street, and Santa will be waiting downstairs.
SPINDALE - RUTHERFORDTON CHRISTMAS PARADE
Join us and watch in awe as marching bands, dance squads, fire trucks,
wide-eyed tots, Christmas carols, festive floats and of course Santa himself
parade down the Main Streets in this annual holiday tradition.
* Spindale parade begins at 3:30 pm and will move through Main Street from east to west to Railroad Ave.
* Line up again for the Rutherfordton parade, beginning at 5:00 pm traveling down Main Street from north to
south ending at Freds.
RUTHERFORDTON CHRISTMAS TREE LIGHTING
Stick around after the parade as we light the tallest cedar Christmas tree in Western North Carolina on the courthouse lawn.
* Sing and dance as Ol’ 74 Jazz plays your favorite holiday hits.
* Santa Claus will be visiting and mingling throughout the crowd.
* Mayor Jimmy Dancy will announce the Officer of the Year and together will light the tree!
HERE ARE A FEW MORE OF OUR FAVORITE THINGS:
* The Winter Farmer's Market will be open featuring local favorites and friendly faces at Main Street Market.
* Painted holiday windows up and down Main Street.
* Our merchants display seasonal windows featuring Santa, his elves and sometimes puppies!
* Merchants along Main Street and all downtown restaurants will be open late, so bring the whole family
and rejoice in our Carolina Christmas Celebration.